I paid $11,000 to install windows and a sliding door in the home I bought last year.The sales guy was great, even volunteering to help me with yard work.

However, once they got my check after installation, the company and the salesman disappeared. First, I was eligible for a $500 energy rebate from my local utility. I called a dozen times, talking to several different departments and multiple people (and cities), including my salesman, to get the necessary paperwork, and never did get it. I had one woman tell me twice she was sending it AND emailing it to me.

Never showed up. I finally gave up after two months. Now, the latch on my slider is sticking and not unlocking. I called the company; they told me they would have their local repairman contact me.

He called once, while I was at work, and left his name and number. Since then, I have called him THREE times to set up an appointment. He hasn't called me back. It's been two weeks since he first called.

If I pass the one year mark of installation, then I have to pay a $100 service charge for the call. Great customer service, folks. I should have spent $3000 on windows at my local big box home improvement center to have vinyl windows installed.

I spent $300 on an exterior door from them, and they've called 3 times to make sure I'm happy with the install and if there's anything further they can do.Don't spend your money on West Coast Vinyl, based in Tacoma, WA.

Had an Experience with West Coast Vinyl?

Comments

garyhorn65

Finally got the slider door fixed; the repairman said the latch was installed wrong (!!!!) and he fixed it in less than 5 minutes.Seriously???

It now works fine. I did return the phone call from a rep at West Coast vinyl, and she acted like she didn't even know who I was. SHE was the one who called ME about my complaint on the Better Business Bureau website.

Nice.:x

Mister1949

I am in the window business and they should have a base somewhere, I have been in the business for 40 years I seen them come and go, our windows are made by us here in south Florida and shipped nationwide and an average home is about 20,000.00 installed we give a lifetime warranty they are aluminum and steel frame with impact glass rated to stop a tree limb coming at 180 mph at the glass.

Also you get a lifetime warranty should anyone break in to you home we give you 2500.00 as long as police report has been filed so you do get what you pay for. Manufacturer’s codes are located at the bottom right glass area look to see we all have to put then on the units for cases like this.

Hope this helps you